Born from the alchemy among a Venetian palace that recalls a Wes Anderson’s movie, the sophisticated taste of an acclaimed French designer, and the unique vibe of Experimental Group, a true legend in the cocktail bars’ global scene, Il Palazzo Experimental has finally landed in central Venice. The project includes an Italian restaurant overlooking the Giudecca Canal, 32 rooms and suites, as well as the Experimental Cocktail Club Venice which, ça va sans dire, follows the footsteps of the legendary Parisian sister club. The result is surprising, based on a sophisticated balance made of antique elements, granite floors, carved woods and a colors palette tracing a postmodern Venice.
Located in the ancient Palazzo Molin, the building is a Renaissance jewel located in the heart of the Dorsoduro neighborhood. The Palace, which belonged to the Stucky family, hosted for many years the historic headquarters of the legendary Adriatic Naval Company. The interior décor has been designed by Dorothée Meilichzon, awarded as designer of the year at Maison & Object 2015, who wanted to celebrate the lagoon tradition with a contemporary flair. A splendid intuition by the co-founders of Experimental Group, famous for the creation of some of the most influential cocktail bars and restaurants in the world, such as the cool ones in London, Ibiza, New York, as well as the legendary Experimental Cocktail Club in Paris.
The Venetian Experimental Cocktail Club, just like a precious stone, was developed by the Italian designer Cristina Celestino who, with clever use of antique mirrors and precious marbles, made a hymn of love to the city. Here you can enjoy the world’s latest mixology techniques applied to liqueurs, infusions and local products as well as excellent wines accompanied by delicious snacks, just perfect for pre-dinner or late nights drinks, perhaps served in the intimate secret garden overlooking the Ognissanti canal.
The Compagnia Adriatica di Navigazione was established in 1932 from the merger of the shipping companies of Venice, Bari, Ancona, Fiume and Zara. Its logo was initially constituted by the union of the winged lion of San Marco on a white and red background, as these are the colors of the city of Bari. In 1936, when it was transformed into an Anonymous Navigation Company, the symbolism changed and, in addition to the winged lion, Palazzo Molin was included. The building was then purchased in 1937 by Giovanni Stucky who chose it as his residence, preferring it to Palazzo Grassi, another family property.